Re: [tor-talk] since today check.torproject.org states "you are not using tor"

On Oct 15, 2011, at 11:27 PM, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 04:39:25PM -0400, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.9K bytes in 21 lines about:
> : For some reason, the exit list doesn't see checktpo as a valid exit. If
> : I can't figure it out in an hour, I'll just disable the exit enclave.
>
> It seems the tordnsel process that confirms exits is going to take a few
> hours to catch up. In the meanwhile, I've disabled exits to
> check.torproject.org from the checktpo tor relay. This has stopped the
> false negatoives from appearing on check.torproject.org.
>
> Fun times.

I suspect what's going on here is that checks sees the connections
are coming from localhost, and hasn't whitelisted those as tor
connections. Either that, or dnsel doesn't trust the relay's exit
policy when it can't confirm for itself.