Re: [tor-talk] attacks on Tor hidden services

On 22/10/11 08:25, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 04:26:53AM +0000, Gozu-san wrote:
>
>> Many sites seem unusually unresponsive.  That includes new test sites
>> that I've created, with addresses that I alone know.  I suspect that
>> #OpDarknet has figured out how to DDoS Tor.
>
> Is just Apache affected? This could be slow loris or similar.

Ah, yes!  I find "TorLoris: SlowLoris Implementation" by
householdutensils, updated on 2011-10-14.  Using multiple Tor instances,
it sends incomplete HTTP headers, with just enough progress to maintain
connections.

How would Tor handle that?  Do stalled circuits materially hurt the
overall network?