Re: [tor-talk] TOR exits unexpectedly

On 10/24/2011 6:38 PM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 02:56:08AM +0330, kamyar kamyar wrote:
>> Just Dled and run last TOR bundle version for Win,
>> TOR does exit repeatedly  and log shows:
>>
>>  [Error] libevent call with win32 failed: No buffer space available
>> [WSAENOBUFS ] [10055]
>>
>> what's the pro?
>
> You are the latest victim of the longest-open Windows Tor bug.
> Congratulations. :/

> You can resolve it by having more physical ram, and/or running fewer
> network-intensive applications in parallel with Tor, and/or configuring
> yourself as a Tor client rather than a bridge or relay.
>
> If that doesn't work, I would suggest an upgrade to Ubuntu.
>
> We'll have another round of experimental fixes out for the Tor 0.2.3.x
> branch in a while, when we fold in (and resolve whatever bugs we find in)
> the new libevent 2.x release and the new "bufferevents" option in Tor.
>
> --Roger

I detect a dyed-in-the-wool Ubuntu user.  Would you say that it is an
upgrade from any version of Windows?

I will say that TAILS works pretty nicely except that something went
wrong the last time that I used it and I had a devil of a time getting
Vista to boot on my underpowered laptop afterwards.

Is Ubuntu better than Debian?

David