Re: [tor-talk] Rumors of Tor's compromise

On 26/10/11 20:28, Orionjur Tor-admin wrote:
>>> 'Pedofilia', in the general rule, is not a good thing, but it is not a
>>> global problem such as poverty, starvation, social inequality and etc.

Paedophilia is a thought crime, but the physical crime of child sexual
abuse is very much a global problem, tied into poverty and inequality.
There is no child pornography without child abuse. I too have mixed
feelings about Anonymous, but don't fall into the trap of thinking it's
"just" paedophilia they were targeting.

> It is very interesting for me, if I run hidden service on my remote
> server not for hiding it from external world but for increasing my
> anonymity in matter of managing that server (I usually connect to them
> using hidden service runnig on ssh-port), is it possible todeanonymize
> me if my server (any soft on it) will be compromised?! Not of
> localiztion of my server but loclization of me, its admin?

If your server can be located, then pressure can be applied to the host
to identify who is paying for the hosting. If you're not using a
pseudonym and paying by cash in sealed envelopes through a postal proxy,
wearing disposable gloves in a clean room to avoid forensic evidence,
then you could be traced. Whether this is likely depends on who your
adversary is.

Julian

--
3072D/D2DE707D Julian Yon (2011 General Use) <pgp.2011@xxxxxx>