Re: [tor-talk] tor http proxy

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:59:58AM -0400, arma@xxxxxxx wrote 1.0K bytes in 24 lines about:
: (Using only a plain http proxy means you only proxy your unencrypted
: directory fetches, which isn't very useful, especially now that Tor
: tunnels its directory fetches over the TLS (https) connection by default.)

The HTTP option is still in vidalia. Nothing explains why it is there.
Perhaps we should remove it? Is there any valid reason to leave HTTP
only proxy options in Vidalia?

If not, I'll open a ticket to remove HTTP only option from Vidalia.

--
Andrew
pgp key: 0x74ED336B