Re: [tor-talk] answers of Ms Kroes on EP questions

Rejo Zenger <rejo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8 okt. 2012, at 13:13, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Can they share the data about 'cyber-attacks' and why Tor is chosen as
> > a technology to be blocked? I'm interested in learning the details of
> > quantity and quality of attacks via Tor against the Europa infrastructure.
>
> I don't know if they can. The only way to find out about that is to start
> a Freedom of Information Act request for documents on this. That will take
> some effort, some time and there is no guarantee it'll work out.

I can look into this if nobody else is already working on it.

BTW, some people think blocking Tor without proper cause violates EU law
and apparently a complaint has been filed a couple of months ago:
http://www.daten-speicherung.de/index.php/eu-commission-gives-up-blocking-tor-and-vpn-services/

Fabian