[tor-talk] "Anon/Secure" sharing platforms, nets [x: Japan]

> As far as I know, Winny was (and probably is) still leading file
> sharing client in Japan, followed by Share.
> I think an issue of Perfect Dark was that it is relatively hard to
> configure compared to Winny/Share, and given there are already some
> prosecution cases with Perfect Dark, perhaps that really didn't make
> it better choice than Winny/Share to users.

If I recall, there is an entire family of these so named clients
popular in fareast/asia. Some of them are forks. I didn't get
the feeling they met the strong security/anonymity principles that
people on this list would find meritous. Are there any that do?

What are common apps in other regions such as EU,
former USSR, India, South America, Africa?

Is there any use of I2P in these regions for similar purposes?
How likely would they be to adopt I2P? Or even to adopt a
general purpose anonymous transport like Phantom over
which they could run similar apps?

> Note that after the introduction of the revised copyright law in Japan
> that makes it a crime to download infringing materials, beginning
> October 1st, it looks like some metrics are showing significant
> reduction in active nodes.

Although the media and common usage never does, I presume
there is distinction being made here between download and upload.