Re: [tor-talk] Tor coverage by Japanese media

Saito-san, All,

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Hideki Saito <hidekis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As far as I know, Winny was (and probably is) still leading file
> sharing client in Japan, followed by Share.
> I think an issue of Perfect Dark was that it is relatively hard to
> configure compared to Winny/Share, and given there are already some
> prosecution cases with Perfect Dark, perhaps that really didn't make
> it better choice than Winny/Share to users.
>
> Note that after the introduction of the revised copyright law in Japan
> that makes it a crime to download infringing materials, beginning
> October 1st, it looks like some metrics are showing significant
> reduction in active nodes.

I'm living now in Japan. The new law, to me, is still confusing.
I had a Tor relay (non-exit) setup which I temporarily disabled partly for
fear that ISPs and law enforcement doesn't know much about Tor. And that
would lead them to my door.

I'm running the Tor relay purely to support the project nothing more.

Yorosiku,
RgC