Re: [tor-talk] Location-aware persistent guards

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Robert Ransom <rransom.8774@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> https://bugs.torproject.org/2653

Thanks, I must have read this ticket some a year or so ago — explains
the identical sorting approach (forgot about weighting). Strangely,
though, I don't see an option to add myself to CC.

> The hardest part is load-balancing among the possible entry guards.

A simple extension along the lines of what you wrote in the first
comment would work fine, no? E.g., Sort a list by H(seed | nodeID |
<1...w_nodeID>), where w_nodeID is the corresponding weight,
approximated to an integer using some granularity setting, and take
the top 3 distinct nodeIDs. With persistence, you can also ignore
nodeIDs newer than the seed's timestamp, although not doing that is
not critical.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte