Re: [tor-talk] funnel many computers through one TBB?

On 10/11/2013 08:32 PM, Rhona Mahony wrote:
> Friend J doesn't want to install a Tor Browser Bundle on each of the 50
> computers in his company.  Can he install one TBB on his router and
> configure it so that it sends his employees' browser traffic through the
> Tor network?  Is it advisable?  Where are instructions?  So sorry that I
> couldn't find them.  Shall I persuade him instead to do the 50
> installations of TBB?

The problem is that you really want everyone to be using the Tor
Browser. While you can centralize Tor itself, there is currently no
support for an "external Tor" in Tor Browser.

Also, an attacker in the internal network could see the traffic from
your application(s) to Tor.

All in all, it is better to roll out TBB on all clients. With 50
machines, the company should have a way to easily distribute the TBB
archive plus a shortcut anyway. They should also think about an update
strategy.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/