Re: [tor-talk] Fwd: Can You Trust NIST?

On 13-10-18 10:10 AM, Tom Goldman wrote:
Recently, I stumbled upon a very interesting article at
http://spectrum.ieee.org/telecom/security/can-you-trust-nist
  Does this mean that Tor could technically be weakened by the NSA?

TOR does not have to only use NIST encryption.
I am sure the TOR developers were aware of the problem with Dual EC DRBG from back in 2006.

But we should trust NIST less now. They are still not open about what happened.

Best regards,
cl34r