Re: [tor-talk] isp monitoring tor

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 07:02:06PM -0400, garyr22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'll read some documentation about these methods. Are there recommended sources?
>
> > Tor is vulnerable to two general sorts of attacks.

I agree with the number two, but I would have picked different
attacks. The first is traffic correlation, which is the one discussed
in this thread. The second is website fingerprinting.

For the general background on Tor attacks, see
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2008/Fahrplan/events/2977.en.html
https://media.torproject.org/video/25c3-2977-en-security_and_anonymity_vulnerabilities_in_tor.mp4

For the traffic confirmation attack, see the links in
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/one-cell-enough

And for website fingerprinting, see
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/critique-website-traffic-fingerprinting-attacks
https://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~sa499/papers/ccs-webfp-final.pdf