Re: [tor-talk] TBB 4.0 default screen size

On 10/21/2014 07:26 AM, Katya Titov wrote:
Philip Georgiev:
I download and use tor-browser-linux64-4.0_en-US.tar.xz
$ cat /etc/debian_version
jessie/sid
$ uname -a
Linux debian 3.10-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.10.7-1 (2013-08-17) x86_64
GNU/Linux
KDE is my desktop environment

open some panel - bookmarks (ctrl+b) or history (ctrl+h) - and close
the browser.
when start it again the panel is active in the new session and screen
size is larger than default.
Confirmed on Debian 7.7/Xfce.

Browser pane appears to be the same size (or slightly larger) than the
normal window, with the bookmarks pane to the left. Persists across
restarts. Size is consistent and reverts to normal when opened without
the bookmark pane being active.
Agreed. Pretty much...... (Wheezy/32/XFCE)

File > Close from the menu with pane open gets normal and expected behavior. All close and no glitches even with browser window maximized with XFCE's margins set. Restart normal.

Close via the title bar close button gets the "you are about to close X tabs" message then leaves the hanging pane. Restart fails because FF is still running. Close hanging pane and restart is normal.

It took me a while to find this because I haven't closed apps with the title bar close button in years, for this very reason.

Rick