Re: [tor-talk] Bitcoin over Tor isnât a good idea (Alex Biryukov / Ivan Pustogarov story)

Thomas White:
> I didn't realise my nodes didn't allow the bitcoin port. I'll get
> right on it.

You may be interested in:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/ReducedExitPolicy

It lists not only the official bitcoin ports, but also the Electrum soft
wallet HTTPS and TLS ports, and several other common Internet services.

It's been a TODO of mine to make a torrc config option
"ReducedExitPolicy 1" (or maybe "ExitPolicy reduced") that captures that
list in the source code. This should not be a difficult patch, and would
be a good intro for anyone looking to write their first Tor patch.

--
Mike Perry