Re: [tor-talk] Tor RPM?

Hi Sebastian,

As far as I know there's no official Tor RPM channel anymore, and EPEL
won't ship alphas. There may be community run repos that have Tor
packages (I have one) but as a general rule you can't trust those and
they'll lag behind :-)

Maybe try compiling it from source?

Tom

Op 09/10/16 om 12:41 schreef Sebastian Elisa Pfeifer:
> Hi Tom,
>
> yes, the latest stable :) But I read on this list that it is recommenced
> to run relays on the alpha versions of Tor.
>
> Sebastian
>

> On 09/10/16 12:39, Tom van der Woerdt wrote:
>> Hi Sebastian,
>>
>> 0.2.8.8 is the latest version :-)
>>
>> Tom
>>

>>> On 9 Oct 2016, at 12:36, Sebastian Elisa Pfeifer <newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I want to move my Tor Node from Debian to Fedora. The guide tells me to
>>> install the normal packages from the Fedora Repositories
>>> (https://www.torproject.org/docs/rpms.html.en). Although, using Fedora
>>> 24, I only get Tor 0.2.8.8-1, and on Debian I was always using
>>> deb.torproject.org to get the latest alpha version of Tor.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to archive this on Fedora without building Tor from source?
>>>

>>> All the best
>>> Sebastian
>>>
>>> --
>>> vy 73 de Sebastian Elisa Pfeifer OE6SPD
>>> UnicornCloud.org Email Hosting
>>> Dreyhausenstrasse 44/29
>>> 1140 Wien
>>> Österreich
>>>
>>> Tel: +43 1 2260045
>>> Tel: +1 360 986 5009
>>> Tel: +883 510 009 044 085
>>> Fax: +43 1 2260045-10
>>> Mobile: +43 677 623 144 11
>>>
>>> Email: sebastian.pfeifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> PGP: 0x245FCFC7
>>>
>>> Have you tried turning it off and on again?
>>>
>>> 0 1 0
>>> 0 0 1