Re: [tor-talk] Tor and Google error / CAPTCHAs.

On 18 October 2016 at 22:29, grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Alec Muffett <alec.muffett@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > smply, my Netflix viewing, or whatever, does not need to be anonymised.
>
> It is good that you have assessed your own needs to privacy
> in that use case and have made any courses of action therein
> for yourself.
>
> However we are in no position to say or act in a diminishing
> or disabling way regarding the privacy needs of others in the
> same or other of their various use cases. That is theirs alone
> to determine and use for themselves.

I would not disagree; but - and pardon me but I thought we had already
discussed this aspect - I likewise would not impose the overhead of trying
to maintain anonymity upon all the people of the world "just in case they
need it".

We're just here to make more and various forms and levels
> of anonymity, privacy, and communication... possible.

Yep.  And add into the mix that I am trying to do those, plus all the other
stuff that Onion networks are capable of but everyone else is too hung up
on anonymity to notice, e.g.: greater integrity and assurance.  :-)

    -a

--
http://dropsafe.crypticide.com/aboutalecm