Re: browsing hidden servers

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 06:10:37PM -0400, Vicious wrote:
> I don't want to use privoxy, however I'm trying with socat.
> The url on tor's page that's supposed to help me setting up so that
> can view hidden servers is itself a hidden service 0_0.
> http://6sxoyfb3h2nvok2d.onion/tor/SocatHelp
> And since I can't get to it in the first place how do I view it?

The socat approach is a hack that can allow you to redirect requests to
a single IP. It's useful for things like irc that don't have an easy
socks4a proxy. To web browse with it, you'd need to change socat's
arguments and rerun it every time you wanted to go to a new site.

So, use privoxy. :)

--Roger