Re: Mozilla Thunderbird leaking ?

Hello,

>>>I cannot confirm this, nothing is in cleartext!
>>>see attached screenshot - nothing special just the standard settings!
>> For firefox instructions (which might carry over in recent versions of
>> Thunderbird) see
>> http://www.imperialviolet.org/deerpark.html
>Thanks for this hint!
>I use this: version  (20050429) of thunderbird.
>And from my point of view it is working.

Ooops - looks like my build (20050317) is somewhat outdated.

BTW: In that build the sotware update feature told me that no
new update is available ( ... today ! ).

[short update & test break]

I've just updated to 1.0.6 (20050716), which looks like having
the same problem - even while Thunderbird is configured to
use TOR/Privoxy (and most of the communication looks
encrypted) I capture DNS requests about the used NNTP server
circumventing TOR and Privoxy.

Regards

	-FH