Re: Does tor still leak memory?

Which version of tor?  Installed via rpm or source?  Which version of
libevent?

Client or Server?

I haven't seen clients have issues with memory.  Servers will use lots
of ram.

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 09:58:26AM -0600, m-abel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.7K bytes in 21 lines about:
: Hi,
:
: I apologize if this question is redundant; I answered many questions by
: reading through previous posts.  I could have missed the resolution of
: this issue.
:
: Earlier this year, tor seemed to leak some memory.  Is this still a
: known phenomenon?  I have the latest stable version, built from source,
: Fedora Core 1, x86.
:
: I have 256 MB of RAM on a > 1 GHz Celeron.  Resident size about 16 MB,
: but virtual size can approach 10 times that within a day and gets over
: 50 MB within seconds.  I'm not a kernel or networking expert, but the
: size does give me an uncomfortable feeling.  Should I be concerned?
:
: I might *very* ignorantly add that I suspect libevents, simply because
: it was written elsewhere.  Could be an easy place to hide a leak.
:
: Thanks!
:
: Marc