Re: AllowedUnverifiedNodes

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 04:06:27PM -0700, Tor Operator wrote:
> I submitted a bug to the torcp bugtracker about the
> AllowUnverifiedNodes setting, but wasn't sure what the correct syntax
> would be for allowing no unverified nodes.
>
> Is it just "AllowUnverifiedNodes "on a line by itself for none?  I
> tried "AllowUnverifiedNodes None" and "AllowUnverifiedNodes Null",
> but tor doesn't like any of those lines.  It accepts
> "AllowUnverifiedNodes ", but I don't know if that just reverts to the
> default of "middle, rendezvous" or does it actually mean none.

Thanks for spotting this bug.

In the upcoming 0.1.1.6-alpha release, there will be a new controller
command "RESETCONF AllowUnverifiedNodes" which will return it to its
default ("middle,rendezvous").

The command "SETCONF AllowUnverifiedNodes" will set it to "".

You will also be able to set it to "" in your torrc by putting the
line "AllowUnverifiedNodes" by itself in your torrc.

Thanks,
--Roger