Squid Proxy Causes Unavoidable DNS Leaks

Hi

Very interesting!!!

Squid can be compiled with the option --disable-internal-dns, and configured to
use an external dns server (dnsserver).  I think replacing the line
gethostbyname in dnsserver.c by something like spawnv("/usr/bin/tor-resolve",
buf, localhost:9050, NULL); could do it to use tor network for dns requests.
Then one could grab the result from tor-resolve and send it back to dnsserver.
I'm not that fluent in C to accomplish this, but it seems to be a viable
solution.

It could be tested easily:
echo tor.eff.org | dnsserver

Another solution could be to modify tor-resolve to accept requests in that form
too: echo tor.eff.org | tor-resolve.

Thus maybe squiq could use tor-resolve directly as its dns_program.

Just some thoughts I had yesterday.

Take care!