Re: Anonymity on mobile devices

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 01:33:33AM +0200, Christian Beil wrote:

> We want to protect against an external adversary and against the
> provider snooping.
> And we don't want the destination host to get more information than the
> user wants to provide, of course.
> We are still considering where to locate the gateway, more precisely the
> we leave it open where the gateway is running. Perhaps it is no good
> idea to let the anonymity gateway run on the broadcast gateway of the ISP.

If this is G3/UMTS, lack of flat rate (my plan includes just 10 MByte/month,
with 100 kByte accounting atoms, while an SSH (PuTTY) session to a
mere prompt then ^D eats up ~12 kBytes) kinda renders mobile Tor moot.

What I could see Tor on as a package for OpenWRT or Sveasoft, maybe
even in a mesh configuration.

--
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org";>leitl</a>