Re: tor traffic ratelimiting

doh. noobed. Thanks for the cluebat! :)

matto

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Robert W Capps II wrote:

  You followed in my mis-steps upon setting up my first node.

  kB (kilo-byte - the big 'B') does not equal kb (kilo-bit - the little
  'b').  Tor bandwidth limiting is measured in Kilobytes, bandwidth is
  measured in Kilobits.

  If you are trying to keep bandwidth burst to 128kb, then you will
  need to set your BandwidthBurst to 16KB.  (16 KB x 8 bits/byte = 128kb)

  Along the same line, your BandwithRate should be 8KB if you wish to
  rate limit to 64kb.

  Hope this helps!

  Robert

--matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<darwin><
              The only thing necessary for the triumph
              of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke