Re: Tor 0.1.2.1-alpha is out

Anothony Georgeo <anogeorgeo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I never compiled Tor on Windows, but there is a fair
> > chance that you have to run ./configure by hand.
>

> I tried ./configure but it gave me the "not
> recognized..." error.

Probably your setup is incomplete. I just tested
./configure with cygwin and it run until the check
for libevent (which I haven't installed because I
don't intend to run Tor on Windows).

> I tried specifing the makefile (see below) but I got
> an error.  I get an error no matter what dir I use
> MAKE in, be it \Alpha\, \Alpha\src\, etc.

> C:\MinGW\Alpha>make -f makefile.am

That's not the right file, the Makefile is generated
by configure and you shouldn't have to specify it at the
command line.

Is there a reason to use MinGW at all?
Like Watson already said, you could try cygwin instead.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/