Re: being a middleman

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 04:38:47PM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> > Does being a middleman by using a reject *:* policy means :
> >
> > - that only servers will connect you ?
> >- or servers and users will connect you (you are a middleman and an
> > entry point) ?
>
> The latter.  Everybody will connect to you, but you will only connect to
> other Tor servers.

I've removed all trace of the word 'middleman' from the code, the docs,
and the sample torrc file. So the only place you'll be encountering
it is somebody else's docs or an old torrc file if you're using an old
0.1.0.x one. Are there places that I missed?

The new phrase I use is something akin to "not an exit node", which is
hopefully an easier distinction.

Thanks,
--Roger