Re: Tor appliance

How about tor on a WRTG54 wireless router? That would be cheap, and I would guess it's possible given the linux OS firmware. I can't make this happen since I'm not a programmer, but the idea has occurred to me before. I like the HyperWRT project, Thibor version. (http://www.thibor.co.uk/). Maybe start a thread in the forums to see what the response is.

-P

I've considered this option also on my WRT54GL flashed with DD-WRT if it would work and be able to process the encryption fast enough without overclocking the router.

I've also considered setting up a linux box as a firewall with either IPCop, Astaro, or Smoothwall. Does anyone have experience with these or another OS as a firewall appliance? My primary goal is not only security but to control/monitor QoS and total amount of bandwidth used. Even though I have a 24Mbit/s connection with high bandwidth allowance, I need to use some of it also!

Thanks,

Brad