Re: information about cenzorship in Slovenia

Hi,

Also my impression is that the European Court didn't rule that
across-border gambling is legal in the whole EU, but that
restrictions are only allowed if they happen in the public interest:

Yes. But if member states would prohibit gambling at all - they could say it is in public interest because gambling is bad. But member states does not this - they allow gambling for some domestic companies only. So they are limiting free movement of services, which is illegal.

The Chinese government's censorship is done without
breaking Chinese law isn't it? Of course it still sucks,
but I don't see why it should be called illegal.

In Slovenia we have a special law, which states ISP's are not resposible for content they transfer (if they do not initiate the transfer or look into packets). Our "gambling office" said that ISP's are responsible for helping online gambling sites if they do not block access to them. It is not true - it is in direct contradiction with law.

And it is also illegal to order ISP's some action with a simple piece of paper, without legal notice. That's why I said it is illegal.

bye, Matej