Re: Using Gmail (with Tor) is a bad idea

i personally don't like the ajax interface, fancy as it might be,
javascript is full of holes and to be honest it's slower than a direct
pop access.

in case anyone reading this mailing list didn't know, you can access
gmail via pop and they also have an smtp server (altho it rewrites the
sender thing to the name of the account logged in to use the smtp
server) and it can be accessed by thunderbird proxied through tor with
the straight socks5 setup.

oh yes, and i think it should be pointed out that anyone who has a
history of running a tor server exit node, any lapses in one's security
cannot be conclusively mapped to you, since they all look the same
(apart from the username)