[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
On Sep 1, 2009, at 10:36 PM, grarpamp wrote:
I've had the same experience. A $10 "pay as you go" phone
$10? Really? Which one and where? I see $20++ current models often,
and some $15 tmo nokia 1208's still on clearance.
works wonders for this.
Sure, unless you:
- Don't want to spend money.
- Don't feel like giving away your location to cell towers and
- Want to create more than one email account... because they'd all
tie back to that phone and appear to google as related.
- Don't want to give up your voiceprint, credit card, address, ssn,
etc if it's required to activate cell.
- Don't want to buy one phone per google account.
- Don't want multiple new accounts popping up in say Dallas, TX that
or may not have your lingual, contact and click patterns.
- Etc, etc.
Google just doesn't seem to be a cool company in general anymore.
And if they've enabled SMS requirement for regular would be users
non-tor internet connection, what a huge foot shooting that would be.
Don't use Gmail.