Re: Gmail

On Wednesday 02 September 2009 02:22:33 am Ansgar Wiechers wrote:
> On 2009-09-01 Ted Smith wrote:

> >> dude you are using gmail, at least allegedly :)
> >
> > I'm sorry if I was unclear. I meant my statement as a question, namely:
> > "If we are not to use GMail, what mail service should we instead use?"
>
> Gee, I wonder how people e-mailed before Google created GMail ...
>
> *shakes head*

Yahoo, prodigy, aol, their school/university, their jobs, etc.  Gmail is a relative newcomer.
I have never heard of any of the previously listed servers/providers (activix, antifa, etc).  Any of them in the USA?  If you use a mailserver outside the USA and you are IN the USA then you can be absolutely certain that all your comms will be recorded/stored at the NSA.  While the chance is still fairly high that you will still get swept up anyway, it is better to do all one can to minimize the chances.  Also, at least a couple of those in the list (nadir.org in particular) appears to be defunct.

praedor
--
“We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of great wealth in the hands of the few. We cannot have both.”
— Louis Brandeis, Supreme Court Justice, 1916-1939