[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: The Register article about making online anonymity illegal in Australia
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: The Register article about making online anonymity illegal in Australia
- From: grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:23:44 -0400
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 15:23:48 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=96+sr5Dw+fgcZW/zRem5ZEzM/rJsFXEztN+SW5f+HXg=; b=N3ha9rEQS3OCAQAsXpUasMVHojXEKT2ZojaEG7vg/yJtCKQin10wqYPV+5k3nLEN8U hcVNeEnXkzv8ll5fpHFmFPQvGz+ylXccgtZdU9g3Zhv05xZHPAtNBXSqeE5A+QNcTLYm MEhgTtpqUN2AaxVhvU1ezfpUygqERq/RCpbDU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=T/yX4DUlZthJnYGrdTixIyK4yWVt9Y8yN1HF9kU5gufFU+swROZ9OtSLUMFLFT8mRQ mqHuCnS+299tO7ujA5RkahokhCPT0ApE2d5FPFfNjq/eHgtpV/Z+swfmjsXQ/Bb2EkO3 w3N6H+DToaGNZ8d6R2lMzC4CXd+d/bwpppFts=
- In-reply-to: <4AA79C90.7020908@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <4AA79C90.7020908@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> This was an interesting article, I thought I'd share in case you haven't
> seen it.
I figure it's an arms race between those seeking control and those
valuing freedom. The sooner strong dark [or maybe even bright] nets
can reach 'impossible to take down' status... whether by outright
technical strength, or by stalemate with free speech laws... the
better. Otherwise the race will be won by anti-anon-systems laws.
The winner will likely become evident within say five years?