Re: Measure TOR server traffic

Also, the arm monitor tallies up the BW events (bandwidth usage reported by tor) to provide the totals for the duration that it runs. Cheers! -Damian

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Andrew Lewman <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/15/2009 01:21 PM, Michael Gomboc wrote:
> I have a tor server running and i like to measure the traffic that goes over
> it. (in&out)

Great.  Thanks for running a relay!

> I know there's a way do to that with iptables but I prefer to get this
> information from TOR.
> Does TOR store this information somewhere so i could read it with a script?

Yes.  In your $DataDir there is a "state" file.  It lists your reads and
writes over time.  You may want to look at dir-spec.txt to get more
details,
http://git.torproject.org/checkout/tor/master/doc/spec/dir-spec.txt.

--