Re: minimal traffic footprint Tor on the road

It's my experience that Polipo provides for faster proxying than Privoxy (running both on a recent Ubuntu). However, Polipo is not uniformly stable on Windows. I use Privoxy with local Tor instances on Windows, but Polipo on Ubuntu.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 18:00, Jim McClanahan <jimmymac@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jan Reister wrote:

> Il 28/09/2009 15:25, Eugen Leitl ha scritto:
> > Why the switch to Polipo from Privoxy? Is Privoxy officially
> > deprecated now?
>
> I just found out today and am wondering myself. From hearsay, Polipo
> should perform faster and better.

There was a somewhat extended discussion about Privoxy vs Polipo on this
list not too long ago (a month or two?).  You may wish to review that.
My recollection of that discussion is that Polipo being better was
called into question.  Certainly Privoxy is alive and well.  Besides
plugging DNS leaks, the two programs serve somewhat different purposes.