Re: (FWD) Tor partially blocked in China; change your relay's IP address?

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 05:15:04PM +0800, lingzhen1982 wrote:
> Seems that it's a weak point of current Tor architecture. From a
>network manager's point of view, simply blocking the Tor nodes posted
>in Tor directory servers will infuence Tor users dramatically in the
>local network.

Well, yeah. That's why we designed bridge relays, if you're a user in
this situation.

https://www.torproject.org/bridges
https://www.torproject.org/doc/design-paper/blocking.html

Turn it around and think of it as a strength -- you can use bridges by
default, but for those who don't yet need them, we provide a much easier
way of using Tor too. :)

--Roger