Re: tor and resolv.conf / ipv6

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 05:34:53PM +0200, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Tor chokes and stops when it finds ipv6 numbers in resolv.conf.
> Is this a known issue?
>
> I found out about this as the Fedora dhclient-script (part of ISC
> dhcp-4.2.0) wipes out resolv.conf and replaces it with whatever the
> dhclient receives.
>
> Please discuss if this is reasonable behaviour (by tor) and/or hwo we
> could work around this.

This really should only affect exit relays, right? And up until now
we assumed they would have at least ipv4 nameserver, since for other
reasons we assume they have an ipv4 address that's reachable, and that
they can reach ipv4 addresses.

Though, due to bug 965:
I believe non-exit relays, and even bridges, will try to parse
/etc/resolv.conf and die if they can't.

I wonder how common Udo's situation is.

--Roger