Re: Orbot transparent proxy working on rooted android?

Hi,

> Then I turned on transparent proxy,

> So far I can't get tor check to say I am using tor. Has anyone had success?

Android 2.2 uses iptables 1.4.7., iptables changed the behaviour
regarding the nat table on 1.4.3, so simply the old rules don't work.

A workaround would be to set the iptables-rules via adb shell or your
terminal/shell script/... (like
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TheOnionRouter/TransparentProxy,
but your "DNS"-destination-port is 5400)

If noone else goes for a patched version, I'd test my build host with
Orbot 0.0.8 next weekend.

HTH
    --pk