Re: [tor-talk] Wget over TBB

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:17:18 +0000, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> >On the WGET command line add the following switch parameter after Tor has
> >been loaded.
> >
> >--execute=http_proxy=http://127.0.0.1:8118/

That looks like telling wget to use an http proxy, not a socks proxy;
and tor by itself only offers a socks proxy (and usually on a different
port as well).

And as far as I know wget can't deal with socks proxies.

> I should add that the above is as a Proxy.  How it works with .onion
> pseudo-domains I don't know.

That is done by tor's socks proxy - you need to have the client leave
the hostname resolution to the proxy instead of doing the DNS lookup
itself and only passing down the IP address.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>