Re: [tor-talk] flash and tor

esolve esolve writes:

> thanks, I read that before, it mentions that flash may ruin the anonymity.
> But adobe flash reveal the ip address to whom? to ISP, government, exit
> node, or it just reveal the ip address to adobe company.

The "completely disregarding proxy settings" risk mentioned on that page
would be comparable to visiting that same web page without using Tor at
all.  Then your IP address would be revealed to everyone who can observe
Internet traffic between you and the web site (including the web site
operator itself).

The "querying your local IP address" risk would mean that your address
would be revealed to the web site operator.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen@xxxxxxx>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/