[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] introducing ahmia search
We are working on Tor related projects including running Tor exit nodes
and the first public Tor hidden service search engine
We would love to hear opinions and ideas about ahmia.fi search. There
are now few enthusiastic geeks using their own money and free time to
this project and everyone is welcome to join.
Our goals are:
- consciousness raising: public work and news
- raise the accessibility of Tor by public access to the content
- share information about the Tor Project
- help people to find hidden services' content
- help people to rate and comment the content
- help the hidden service operators to provide official descriptions
used in search (http://ahmia.fi/descriptionProposal.php)
To do this, we would like to provide a nice search engine service with
some social aspects (commenting/rating), publish news and challenge
people and organisations to donate their bandwidth by running nodes.
Also, we will provide public APIs and hidden service data for
We are already providing public cache and simple search engine to Tor
hidden services: http://ahmia.fi
Furthermore, we are running two very fast exit nodes
http://22.214.171.124/ (ahmiaTORProxy01) and http://126.96.36.199/
We are planning some possible next steps:
1) Full text search according to the cache
2) Better support to comments and ratings
3) Authenticated hidden service descriptions provided by the hidden
service operator themselves
You can find us on IRC, in the channel #ahmia in the OFTC network. We
would be happy to hear any and all suggestions or ideas from you!
We are looking forward to hearing you!
tor-talk mailing list