Re: [tor-talk] How do I change tor's socks5 port from 9050 to 9051?

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 05:05:02PM +0300, Arsen Zahray wrote:
> Is it possible to change the tor's socks5 port?

Yes.

> I've looked through options in Vidalia and through the documentation, and I
> can't find anything of the kind

I don't think Vidalia can do it. You'll have to edit your torrc file
yourself.
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#torrc

That said, 9051 is typically the control port, so you'll probably be
screwing things up and inviting confusing error messages by setting your
socksport to 9051.

--Roger