Re: [tor-talk] Exit node stats collection?

On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 10:36:32 +0000, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> For example if all of these new users are in fact a single botnet, that's now
> connecting to Tor and then sitting dormant waiting for an order to instantly
> DDoS into the ground any hidden service that publishes "undesirable" info...
>
> Then will you still argue we can't discriminate against that?

Do you mean "can't" or "don't want to"?

> At this point it could be that more than 70% of all Tor users globally are
> just this botnet. Hidden service DDoS from all of them could turn out to be
> very effective.

I seriously don't think you'd need any kind of a botnet to take out a few
hidden services - you'd just need to rent a few good root servers.

And *that* botnet is almost ridiculously large in size compared to
the tor network. It would have no problem whatsoever DDoSing all
the exit nodes, for example.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."