Re: [tor-talk] Exit node stats collection?

From Eugen Leitl:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 10:06:36PM +0000, mirimir wrote:
>
>> How would one identify new, and suddenly very popular, hidden services?
>
> Ask the NSA? ;)

;) Can a relay determine If it is an entry? (assuming it's not a bridge-only
relay)

If it's not an entry or an exit, I think it can safely assume it is on the
only middle node.  Some statistical analysis performed from a middle node,
couple with the list of exits nodes and how they're favored, might be able
to highlight increases in traffic evidencing a gateway node to one or more
hidden services (and if that node is not an exit too, it is almost certainly
a gateway node, I would think).

Just imagining a starting point for an NSA analyst :)

Asa