Re: [tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle 3.6.3: bad start

Joe Btfsplk:
> On 9/7/2014 5:36 AM, Geoff Down wrote:
>> Same problem on Win7 with 3.6.5 - browser sometimes fails to open.
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014, at 08:51 AM, Hartmut Haase wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> sometimes when I try to start Tor, firefox will also be started,
>>> but there is no Tor Browser-window. I have to start several times
>>> until it works.
> I've had the same problem with TBB 3.6.3 in Vista.  Haven't tried
> 3.6.5 yet.
> It doesn't happen too often - enough to be annoying.  When it's
> happened,  I kill the Tor Browser / Firefox.exe process (that's
> running in background).
>
> I've never shut any other apps or services down, before starting TBB
> again.  It almost always works on the 2nd try (actually opens the
> browser window).
> So IF... something else is interfering w/ TBB starting correctly,
> it's not consistent.

I have very similar results to Joe using the 64-bit Linux version. I
have never been able to find relevant TBB logs, nor any system or home
directory logs which point to the cause. Killing and then restarting
TBB always fixes the problem. It probably happens 1-2 times per month.

If anyone can suggest tracing/logging options I'm willing to try.
--
kat