Re: [tor-talk] more sites requiring captchas from Cloudfare (using Google API?)

Mike Perry transcribed 3.6K bytes:
> I too find this situation unacceptable, since it seems to have been
> unilaterally decided by CloudFlare and not by their customers who are
> paying them. It has also proven to be buggy: I've gotten infinite
> captcha loops, no captchas, and broken no-JS support (even though
> ReCaptcha does support no-JS operation).

Side note: ReCaptcha only sort of supports no-JS operation, it only works so
far as the site proxies requests and responses between the ReCaptcha API
server and the client, extracting the CAPTCHA image from the ReCaptcha server,
serving it to the client, gathering the CAPTCHA solution from the client,
sending it to the ReCaptcha server, and so forth. Otherwise, using their
default APIs, you get JS sourced directly from the ReCaptcha server, with a
<noscript> fallback to an iframe which sources the content from the ReCaptcha
API server. [0]

[0]: https://code.google.com/p/recaptcha/source/browse/trunk/recaptcha-plugins/python/recaptcha/client/captcha.py#30

--
 ââ isis agora lovecruft