Re: [tor-talk] Putin to isolate Russiaâs internet?

On 20/09/14 06:32, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
On 9/20/14, ÐÑÑÑÑ ÐÑÑÐÐÐÐ <art.istom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:33:57PM +0100, Nick Sheppard wrote:
Interesting Guardian article today: Putin considers plan to unplug Russia
from the internet 'in an emergency'.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/19/vladimir-putin-plan-unplug-russia-internet-emergency-kremlin-moscow

Yes, I'm tired of explaining to all my relatives and friends that the
internet is the last thing they think about in the case of such
'emergency'.

And yes, my much loved parents now have another argument against "the
bloody regime of Putin".

Because, of course, other regimes would never consider such
a thing <blinks>:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_kill_switch
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/13/homeland-security-must-disclose-internet-kill-swit/
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20007418-38.html