Re: [tor-talk] German BND 2010: Tor Unsuitable

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 12:11 PM, krishna e bera <keb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tor is still one of the best tools available and forces TLAs to up their game.
> What do they recommend for their own online communication in 2017?

Don't know, ask the TLA's, or leak their secrets, or shut them down.

We now know the threat of TLA / GPA / GAA / Sybil are no longer
both theoretical and plausible, but genuinely real and very active.
Many of today's tools were designed and reached essentially baked
in fixed production lifecycle status before that reality occurred.
So it would be nice to see a new generation of research and tools
that dedicate very significant resources and priority billing towards
targeting those actors from the ground up.
As usual with opensource and openknowledge, many of the ideas
in today's best tools could be expected to be incorporated therein.