Re: [tor-talk] New OONI release: Test sites you care about!

Arturo Filastò writes:

> That said, something to keep in mind, is that OONI Probe is not a privacy tool, but rather a tool for investigations and as such poses some risks (as we explain inside of our informed consent procedure).
>
> We are not aware of any OONI Probe users having gotten into trouble for using our tool, but we prefer to air always on the safe side be sure that they understand very well the speculative risks that they could run into.

Yes, I guess I'm just a bit surprised that there aren't more known
cases of censors actively trying to interfere with OONI in some way --
especially since it's already led to published reports about specific
censorship events and practices in specific countries.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen@xxxxxxx>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/