Re: [tor-talk] Tor 0.3.4.6-rc is released

On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 08:09:10PM -0400, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> Changes in version 0.3.4.6-rc - 2018-08-06
>   Tor 0.3.4.6-rc fixes several small compilation, portability, and
>   correctness issues in previous versions of Tor. This version is a
>   release candidate: if no serious bugs are found, we expect that the
>   stable 0.3.4 release will be (almost) the same as this release.

Hi folks,

We screwed up and left out some changes entries in the 0.3.4.6-rc
changelog. They are now in the ChangeLog file in git:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/commit/?h=release-0.3.4&id=7ce714e7d360416db3b5f1e1b8af7a2f4eae97b4

and I've included them below for completeness. I don't think any of them
are super important, but sorry for the surprise.

  o Minor features (compilation):
    - When compiling with --enable-openbsd-malloc or --enable-tcmalloc,
      tell the compiler not to include the system malloc implementation.
      Fixes bug 20424; bugfix on 0.2.0.20-rc.
    - Don't try to use a pragma to temporarily disable the
      -Wunused-const-variable warning if the compiler doesn't support
      it. Fixes bug 26785; bugfix on 0.3.2.11.

  o Minor features (controller):
    - The control port now exposes the list of HTTPTunnelPorts and
      ExtOrPorts via GETINFO net/listeners/httptunnel and
      net/listeners/extor respectively. Closes ticket 26647.

  o Minor bugfixes (continuous integration):
    - Skip a pair of unreliable key generation tests on Windows, until
      the underlying issue in bug 26076 is resolved. Fixes bug 26830 and
      bug 26853; bugfix on 0.2.7.3-rc and 0.3.2.1-alpha respectively.

  o Minor bugfixes (directory authority):
    - When voting for recommended versions, make sure that all of the
      versions are well-formed and parsable. Fixes bug 26485; bugfix
      on 0.1.1.6-alpha.

   o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
    - Update build system so that tor builds again with --disable-unittests
      after recent refactoring. Fixes bug 26789; bugfix on 0.3.4.3-alpha.

  o Minor bugfixes (logging):
    - Improve the log message when connection initiators fail to
      authenticate direct connections to relays. Fixes bug 26927; bugfix
      on 0.3.0.1-alpha.

  o Minor bugfixes (portability):
    - Work around two different bugs in the OS X 10.10 and later SDKs
      that would prevent us from successfully targeting earlier versions
      of OS X. Fixes bug 26876; bugfix on 0.3.3.1-alpha.

  o Minor bugfixes (single onion services, Tor2web):
    - Log a protocol warning when single onion services or Tor2web
      clients fail to authenticate direct connections to relays. Fixes
      bug 26924; bugfix on 0.2.9.1-alpha.

  o Minor bugfixes (testing):
    - Disable core dumps in test_bt.sh, to avoid failures in "make
      distcheck". Fixes bug 26787; bugfix on 0.2.5.2-alpha.

  o Minor bugfixes (v3 onion services):
    - Stop sending ed25519 link specifiers in v3 onion service introduce
      cells and descriptors, when the rendezvous or introduction point
      doesn't support ed25519 link authentication. Fixes bug 26627;
      bugfix on 0.3.2.4-alpha.