[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tor-talk] Tor 0.3.4.6-rc is released
On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 08:09:10PM -0400, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> Changes in version 0.3.4.6-rc - 2018-08-06
> Tor 0.3.4.6-rc fixes several small compilation, portability, and
> correctness issues in previous versions of Tor. This version is a
> release candidate: if no serious bugs are found, we expect that the
> stable 0.3.4 release will be (almost) the same as this release.
We screwed up and left out some changes entries in the 0.3.4.6-rc
changelog. They are now in the ChangeLog file in git:
and I've included them below for completeness. I don't think any of them
are super important, but sorry for the surprise.
o Minor features (compilation):
- When compiling with --enable-openbsd-malloc or --enable-tcmalloc,
tell the compiler not to include the system malloc implementation.
Fixes bug 20424; bugfix on 0.2.0.20-rc.
- Don't try to use a pragma to temporarily disable the
-Wunused-const-variable warning if the compiler doesn't support
it. Fixes bug 26785; bugfix on 0.3.2.11.
o Minor features (controller):
- The control port now exposes the list of HTTPTunnelPorts and
ExtOrPorts via GETINFO net/listeners/httptunnel and
net/listeners/extor respectively. Closes ticket 26647.
o Minor bugfixes (continuous integration):
- Skip a pair of unreliable key generation tests on Windows, until
the underlying issue in bug 26076 is resolved. Fixes bug 26830 and
bug 26853; bugfix on 0.2.7.3-rc and 0.3.2.1-alpha respectively.
o Minor bugfixes (directory authority):
- When voting for recommended versions, make sure that all of the
versions are well-formed and parsable. Fixes bug 26485; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
- Update build system so that tor builds again with --disable-unittests
after recent refactoring. Fixes bug 26789; bugfix on 0.3.4.3-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (logging):
- Improve the log message when connection initiators fail to
authenticate direct connections to relays. Fixes bug 26927; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (portability):
- Work around two different bugs in the OS X 10.10 and later SDKs
that would prevent us from successfully targeting earlier versions
of OS X. Fixes bug 26876; bugfix on 0.3.3.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (single onion services, Tor2web):
- Log a protocol warning when single onion services or Tor2web
clients fail to authenticate direct connections to relays. Fixes
bug 26924; bugfix on 0.2.9.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (testing):
- Disable core dumps in test_bt.sh, to avoid failures in "make
distcheck". Fixes bug 26787; bugfix on 0.2.5.2-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (v3 onion services):
- Stop sending ed25519 link specifiers in v3 onion service introduce
cells and descriptors, when the rendezvous or introduction point
doesn't support ed25519 link authentication. Fixes bug 26627;
bugfix on 0.3.2.4-alpha.
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to