Re: C++ Blues.

Hi Adrian,

AR> So you would Mummy::TellMe(char* ) to get called, wouldn't
AR> you.  g++ just complains that Kiddie::TellMe(char*) there
AR> is no match for call to Kiddie::TellMe(char*), but
AR> Kiddie::TellMe() is a candidate.
AR>
AR>
AR> It all works if I disable or rename Kiddie::TellMe().
AR>
AR> Is this
AR> 	A)  Some stupid error I have made.
AR> 	B)  A compiler bug.
AR> 	C)  Something absolitulely mad in the C++ language.

Looks like a compiler bug (the 2.7.x series of gcc had many serious
problems with C++). I don't have the C++ specs at hand, but I'm sure that
it's not that stupid ;)

BTW: I'll test GCC 2.8.1 this weekend. According to the description it
matches more or less the current ECGS - and thus has much better C++
support than the "old" gcc.

Cu
        Christian

Christian Reiniger (Germany)