Re: Here it is!

>1) Provide a shared library "driver" structure.
>  Basically, ELF shared Libraries, with the same function in each of
>them, except, they

Libraries. Don't be too specific. ELF is good for Linux and BeOs, but
really bad for Win etc.

>are for different sound cards.  This makes things simple, so the end user
>knows what card he or she has, and puts the PSound.so (or whatever the name
>may be) in his or her library

Do *not* write drivers. It's absolutely unneccessary and out of place.
Drivers - if done right - have to run in kernel space and PPlay is no
Kernel extension. And writing PPlay sound card drivers would mean
reinventing the wheel by 100%. There are already drivers for all soundcards
(where specs are available) out there. And they are as good as they can be.

>2) Provide flexible low-level sound access.
>  This one is simple.  The sound team takes information on hardware,which
>is usually available to the public domain on the internet.  We then test,

Nope. Try get info on the SB Live for example. Fortunately Creative is
writing drivers for that.

>4) Write a wrapper driver for OSS and ALSA.

Do you know GGI's "target" concept? LibGGI for example supports XLib,
fbcon, kgi, DGA, svgalib, aalib etc as targets. That means you draw to a
GGI surface and LibGGI translates the stuff for the best target available.

PSound sould have OSS and ALSA as targets. And later also DirectSound etc

	Christian